Reply To: Architecture and Structural Engineers

Home Forums Technical Discussion Architecture and Structural Engineers Reply To: Architecture and Structural Engineers

Patel BuildersPatel Builders
Participant

I am a builder, so I think I will be able to answer this.  There are many healthy discussions that happen between structural engineers and architects.  Many times happen that due to clauses in IS, structural engineers cannot reduce the size of columns as well as floating columns are not allowed. Architects see things from the aesthetic view while structural engineers see things from technical prospective, so it is possible that debates may happen. Both of them are right in their own ways. However, according to me a good structural engineer is who tries to fulfill all requirements of an architect and a good architect is that who meets the all requirements of clients by keeping structural engineer in a loop.

Hence, coming to your answer an architect wants a structural engineer who tries to full the demand. of an architect with technical requirements because architects are also helping clients to meet their requirements.